Friday, December 23, 2011

Things are a lot different this year...

     This time last year I was preparing not only myself, but my munkies, for a huge change in our lives.  My main concern was that the munkies never ever blamed themselves for what he and I failed to do.  A year later I still do everything I can do to make sure they are guilt free in this.
     Divorce is a hard, hard thing to do to kids.  I remember thinking to myself, "What in the world am I going to do?"  "How can I do this on my own?"  I was so lost and confused.  Didn't know who I was, couldn't remember the person I used to be but knew that I didn't like the person I had become.  I am pleased to announce that I found myself once again and I am learning to love me again.
     I am very pleased to say that the munkies are adjusting well to their new lives.  This is the first Christmas in our new lives and I can honestly say that things are going really well.  The newness is sometimes hard to take and I often find myself contemplating and analyzing the good things in our lives.  I try to accept the good without "waiting for the other shoe to drop" and look forward for what is to come in our lives.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment